Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to renew your application for the upcoming school year’s FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Be sure to include Dallas Christian College’s School Code: 006941 on your current year FAFSA application.

Sign in using your FSA user ID, or you will be prompted to set one up.

Be sure to double-check your entries as you fill out your FAFSA. A mistake on your name or social security number will cause a delay in getting your FAFSA information to us; which in turn will put a hold on our ability to award you financial aid, requiring a payment plan with the business office.

For dependent students you will need copies of your prior, prior years (2 years ago) tax transcript and W2’s, along with your parent tax transcript, W2’s and personal information in order to complete the FAFSA. You are given the opportunity to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool to pull your tax information directly from the IRS, which can expedite processing of your FAFSA application. We encourage you to use this option, if eligible during the submission of your application.


1) Complete Entrance Counseling and 2) Sign Your Master Promissory Note
Go to www.studentloans.gov and complete counseling for entrance, financial awareness and sign your master promissory note (unless you already have one on file). See the steps below.

  1. Sign in using your FSA User ID or you will be prompted to set one up.
  2. Click the link “Complete Counseling” and then select “Entrance Counseling” for the current academic year 2015-2016. This is required for each student requesting federal loans.
  3. Next click the link “Sign Master Promissory Note” (MPN), be sure you submit the note once you complete the information requested on the form.

For students wishing to have a parent apply for a parent loan on their behalf, have your parent complete step #1 above, signing in with their FSA user ID and password; they will then select the option Direct Parent Loan Application. If approved, they will need to then complete step #3 above to “Sign Master Promissory Note”, as well.


The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program is a need-based financial aid program. It provides funds that students earn through part-time employment to help pay the costs of their educational expenses. Funds must be earned and are paid directly to you, bi-weekly, and are not credited to your student account unless authorized.

Non-Federal Work Study Opportunities

DCC also provides a limited number of on-campus, part-time employment opportunities for students who do not demonstrate financial need. Visit the college Community Career Center for more information and available job openings for students’ off-campus.

Work-Study Award Amount

The amount of your Federal Work-Study award will be determined by your financial need (you must have an estimated financial contribution (EFC) under 2001, based on your financial aid budget and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information. Financial need is defined as the difference between the total cost of attendance and the expected family contribution (EFC), determined by the FAFSA, and other current financial aid awards.

Work-Study Employment Opportunities

Federal Work-Study jobs may be on or off campus. Off-campus FWS jobs with federal, state or local public agencies or private nonprofit organizations must be in the public interest. Off-campus FWS jobs with private, for-profit organizations must be academically relevant to the maximum extent possible. Your college might have agreements with private, for-profit employers for Federal Work-Study jobs. This type of job must be relevant to your course of study (to the maximum extent possible).

Pay Rate, Hours and Maximum Allowed Earnings

The Federal Work-Study pay rate can vary per job, and students may not work more than 20 hours per week. Students may earn up to their awarded amount. Since total earnings are based on a college wide federal allocation, please be aware the amount you are allowed to earn could be less than the amount awarded to you.

To be eligible for a Federal Work-Study job:

  • You must have a completed Financial Aid file.
  • You must meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
  • You must be enrolled in at least six hours (half time) for Fall and Spring.
  • You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
  • You must not have any prior institutional balance or blocks.

How to apply for a Federal Work-Study position:

Next Steps:

After you complete the application process for a federal work-study job:

  • The Community Office will forward approved applications to the hiring division/department for review.
  • The hiring division/department will contact you to schedule an interview and will notify the Financial Aid Office once they have selected a work-study employee.
  • You will then set up an appointment with Human Resources to complete or update your new hire personnel information.
  • The college Student Development Office and/or hiring department will set up orientation with you and let you and your supervisor know what your official start date will be.